Friday 13 February 2009

Opening remarks

Friday 13th February 2009

Probably unlucky for some but it's the first day of my blogging career!

My initial aim is to operate this blog in conjunction with the website

http://www.spareground.com/

This website is one of the new kids on the block and one which will no doubt be of benefit to the majority of people at some stage in their lives.

It operates on a very simple philosophy; using the space we already have here in the UK.
Who knows, later down the line the same approach could be implemented in any country.

All of us at some point have wondered; where can we park near that venue? is there somewhere to store my motorbike over the winter? anyplace to store a caravan? is there available accommodation near that tournament? can I find vegetable growing space in the middle of the city?

The Spareground website wants to address this and become the website people use to find the space they are looking for. The site is in five categories; property, parking, storage, land and 'other'. (We have the 'other' option available as we dont want this site to be constrained. There will no doubt be other space uses which we may not even have thought of as yet).

On top of all this, it's nice to have a blog! I have always envied those who profess to having one and now here I am joining up in the hope of writing some of my remarks on Spareground and it's progress (no doubt interjected with my hilarious anecdotes and opinions on life in all it's splendour!),

No comments:

Post a Comment